The Jewish Community High School of the Bay (JCHS) is a San Francisco private high school providing a college preparatory curriculum in general and Jewish Studies as well as an extensive enrichment program including the arts, athletics, college advising, community service, and experiential education. We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
JCHS is open to all Jewish students in the San Francisco Bay Area, regardless of prior Jewish educational experience. We are guided by the rhythms of the Jewish calendar, Jewish culture and tradition, and by an inextricable link to the land of Israel. Our goal is to provide our students with the education necessary to gain acceptance into the finest colleges and universities, and to engage in lifelong Jewish learning.
- We are a pluralistic community, welcoming students with a variety of Jewish backgrounds, perspectives, and practices. JCHS students come from all over the Bay Area, more than 50 public and private schools, and a diversity of family configurations.
- Class sizes are small, averaging 14 students.
- More than 75% of our faculty hold post-graduate academic degrees.
- Our state-of-the-art performing arts theater is an exceptional venue for our award-winning drama department, which coordinates three productions per year.
- Our four-year sequence of experiential journeys explores issues of power, responsibility, and identity at destinations such as Zion National Park, New Orleans, and Israel.
- Our competitive athletics teams are part of the Private School Athletic League. Seventy-five percent of our students play on one of our 13 varsity, junior varsity, or club teams.
- Our students perform more than 4,800 hours of community service annually.
- During the school year, JCHS students lead more than 20 different clubs, providing every student with opportunities to cultivate his or her interests.