Through mathematics at JCHS, students explore the connections that mathematics have to other academic disciplines and to problems from the real world.
The Math Department’s mission is to see each student develop the ability to:
- Interpret data using mathematical modeling in order to predict real world phenomena
- Work with graphical, algebraic, and numerical representations of a mathematical concept and understand the connections between those representations
- Communicate mathematics both orally and in well-written sentences
- Assess the reasonableness of numeric solutions to problems using estimation techniques
- Integrate procedural proficiency and conceptual understanding of mathematics
- Develop mathematical thinking and reasoning skills such as the ability to make conjectures and sound arguments
- Prepare for future mathematics courses at both the high school and college level
- Discover the relevance and importance of mathematics in their life
- Understand the limitations of mathematics
Click on any course name below to learn more.
Math Core Courses
Click here to see the complete Curriculum Map.