We challenge students to think logically, critically, creatively and reflectively.
We provide a challenging, college preparatory World Language Program with communication as its mail goal. The department’s standards and philosophy encompass those of the National Standard for Foreign Languages and the proficiency guidelines set out by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).
We place students at the center of the learning process by using instructional methods that focus on creative projects, role-playing, presentations, individual online work, dialogues and discussions. Students develop their individual voices in the language and gain an understanding and appreciation of the culture in a creative and stimulating atmosphere.
The World Language Department’s mission is to see each student develop the ability to:
- Establish linguistic awareness
- Gain an understanding of how to study language
- Express themselves creatively in their speaking and writing
- Explore the target culture and authentic interactions with native speakers
- Connect with the target culture and develop a love of learning the language
- Prepare for university language and literature courses
- Identify areas of interest for further study
Click on any course name below to learn more.
Hebrew Core Courses
Spanish Core Courses
Click here to view the complete Curriculum Map